Izaak Moody 2014
OBJECTIVE: Apply my formal fine arts education, self-instructed multi-media design knowledge, and industry experience to deliver high quality and creative concept art for the game and film industry.
Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graduated: June 2009, Integrated Studio Arts (Emphasis on Digital Art)
- Published in Robotics Magazine IEEE Spectrum for 3D Design
- Published in art culture magazine Hurda Sanat for Concept Art
- Published competitive high-poly character design on game developer site Polycount.com
- Shipped title: Forza 5
- Shipped title: Forza Motorsport Porsche Expansion Pack
- Strong multi-disciplinary research skills; well-informed on a wide variety of topics (space, vehicle, science, culture, history, current affairs)
- Clear communication abilities obtained through leadership positions and work experience.
- 2D, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Texturing for 3D models, strong traditional drawing and painting skills.
- 3D, Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, Zbrush, UDK, Unity.
Microsoft Game Studios Turn 10, Redmond, WA, Vehicle 3D Artist (January 2012 - October 2013)
- Forza 5, Helped influence the look and quality of in-game cars.
- Modeled detailed parts for DLC cars included in the Porsche Expansion pack released May 2012.
- Responsible for final polish of in game vehicles, including shader setup, modeling and physics.
Quality Automation (QA) Graphics, Ankeny, IA, 3D Artist (June 2010 - June 2011)
- Developed high-end 3D graphics, custom animations, and specialized flash applications for major commercial customers, working to strict deadlines, challenges, and variable design requirements.
- Responsible for designing, modeling virtual Architectural environments
Virtual Reality Applications Center, ISU, Ames IA, 3D/Concept Artist (August 2009 - June 2010)
- Developed 3D assets and concept art for an educational video game designed to teach kids biology.
Virtual Reality Applications Center, ISU Ames IA, Art Director (April 2007 - June 2009)
- Directed development and execution of level design for major military-funded Battlespace Project: “Warrior Training First Person Shooter”, which interfaces with ISU’s six-sided “C6” virtual environment to provide trainees an immersive, visually surrounding virtual combat experience.
Liquid Development, Concept Artist (May 2013)
Created background illustrations and concepts for an upcoming game.
Tombolo Interactive, Concept Artist (April 2012 - Present)
- Created the look and feel of an upcoming “undisclosed video game title” set to release at the end of 2012.
- Disney, undisclosed ride interactive display graphics for Disney theme park.
- Worked with title leads to design environments and characters for the game.
Polymath Pictures, Concept Artist (November 2011 - January 2012)
- Helped create a visual style for the upcoming short film “More Than Kin”.
- Designed several environments and vehicles to be used in the film.
Molotov Games, Concept Artist (October 2011 - November 2011)
- Created unique, high-quality concept art, boosting recognition profile of independent game studio on popular independent game developer website, receiving positive feedback.
- Created quick turnaround, high-quality concept art to advance in-game environment art.
Digital Art Club, Ames IA, Co-Founder (June 2008 - December 2008)
- Co-founded Iowa State’s first digital art club (DAC), cultivating its growth by mentoring, guiding, and instructing 15+ members in weekly work sessions.